The mission of the DHBW Villingen-Schwenningen encompasses significant features and principles which define living, learning and working together. It serves to orientate and guide us in our plans and actions, focusing on academic and, simultaneously, career-oriented study programmes of excellent quality to promote outstanding and committed up-and-coming talent among our corporate partners.
- We pledge to pursue a frank and honest relationship as the bedrock of cooperation based on trust, mutual respect and a high regard for each other.
- Praise and recognition are important to everybody, and we acknowledge good performance. Criticism is objective and avoids any personal injury or violation of privacy. Our decision-making processes are as transparent as possible.
- Existing skills and capabilities should be promoted in as far as possible. We welcome commitment and personal responsibility through application of the principle of subsidiarity.
- We regard variety as the bedrock of a university culture based on diversity and equal opportunities in which all members can develop and invest their individual skills, regardless of sex, ethnicity, age, social and religious background, disability or sexual orientation.
- The education policy of the Cooperative State University also encompasses ethical and cultural issues. In addition to professional competence, we also pledge to promote the creative and social skills and talents of the individual.
- Career and family are indivisible facets which deeply influence the lives of our staff and students. We value and encourage the assumption of responsibility within the Cooperative State University and outside in the family and society as a whole, and we create appropriate general conditions to ensure this, particularly with regard to the parenting of children and caring for dependants.
- We regard the interweaving of global relationships as an opportunity, and the Cooperative State University strives to establish a network of relations around the world. We support an international exchange among both students and teachers.
- We support greater environmental awareness and manage the resources at our disposal with care and efficiency.
The success of the Cooperative State University is based on cooperation with staff, students, corporate partners and lecturers in an atmosphere of mutual trust. We are conscious that each individual member of the university makes a significant contribution to the image of the Cooperative State University. We regard it as important for people who come into contact with us to experience something of the self-conception with which we work and live on a daily basis.