Education Support Center
We place a major emphasis on innovative learning
The DHBW VS promotes the implementation of new teaching and learning methods to a significant degree through this central institute.
As an executive department of the President’s office, it is responsible for important tasks relating to the provision of advice to lecturers and the orientation of teaching. Of particular importance is the practical educational integration of new media to support teaching. The continuous development and testing of innovative teaching and learning concepts are therefore central components of the tasks entrusted to ESC.
The Education Support Center (ESC) is a central department of the Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University Villingen-Schwenningen and views itself as a service provider for both teaching staff and students at the DHBW VS. ESC encompasses a range of multifaceted activities: ESC ...
- ... promotes the implementation of new teaching and learning methods at the DHBW VS,
- ... provides advice on blended learning and purely e-learning projects in the areas of teaching, use of media, media production, technology and project management,
- ... qualifies through user-oriented workshops for the practical educational application of new media in higher education, taking local infrastructure into consideration,
- ... supervises and provides the moodle learning platform and help authoring tools,
- ... supports the organisation of courses on the learning platform (moodle),
- ... is available to address questions, requests and support relating to the learning platform (moodle),
- ... provides information on the media infrastructure and
- ... provides an ePortfolio server and survey server