Social Work and Networking in the Local Community
Students who choose this career-integrated dual study programme take their first steps towards qualifying as a social educator, an attractive and future-oriented profession.
- Allgemeine Grundlagen Sozialer Arbeit (Geschichte, Arbeits-felder, Theorien und Methoden)
- Bezugswissenschaftliche Grundlagen Sozialer Arbeit (u.a. Pädagogik, Soziologie, Psychologie, Sozialmedizin, Politik, Recht)
- Selbstkompetenz (Selbstorganisation in den Arbeitsvollzügen, Zeitmanagement; wissenschaftliches Arbeiten, professionelle Haltung)
- Studiengangsspezifische Kompetenzen (Theorien, Arbeitsfelder, Konzepte und Methoden der Netzwerk- und Sozialraumarbeit)
12Weeks of Theory
14Weeks of Practice
3Years of Studies
Bachelor of Arts
Contents of the study programme in brief
Academic theory in conjunction with business practice is the success model of the Cooperative State University. In foundation studies, all students are introduced to the social scientific (in the context of social work), psychological, legal and social economic principles inherent in this field.
Seminars addressing specialisation in advanced studies encompass the practice-oriented treatment of the special characteristics, knowledge and expertise involved in social work and networking in the local community.
This three-year study programme culminates in 210 ECTS points and the academic degree of Bachelor of Art.
Good reasons for this study programme
- Services provided for the care of the elderly and people with disabilities are characterised by new accommodation and support forms.
- Local community welfare concepts are standard in youth welfare and the federal “Social City” programme (“Accommodation Management”).
- Efforts in the area of integration of migrants focus on the local integration network.
- The social infrastructure for different target groups is created locally where people are living. For this reason, cooperation, local community networking and the mutual exploitation of resources have proven extremely effective.
- Social institutions work in local community networks to provide preventive and early support. Support services, in particular for social integration and health care provision, are increasingly offered in urban districts and, where possible, through cooperation.
- Social workers contribute within integrated accommodation concepts to the development of structures in the local community which enable all generations, both healthy and ill, to lead an equal and independent life.
Consequently, job descriptions and roles are changing. Field instead of case-orientation, cooperation, coordination, facilitation, networking, the recruiting and education of involved members of the community, network activities in the local community, integrated local community analyses and social planning demand independent competence, resources and control principles.
Career following studies
On completion of studies, graduates can expect to embrace a variety of roles, including work in specific and non-specific cases and cross-case assignments pursuant to the socio-spatial social work approach, network consulting, the provision and coordination of assistance in the social arena, integrated local community analyses and social planning, the strengthening of self-help, the design of organisation networks, development of accommodation concepts and the promotion of community involvement.
Placement providers include all institutions in which networking is involved in one or more fields of activity governed by community social work concepts. These areas involve the following in particular:
- Local authority, district and independent social welfare service providers in the areas of social planning, integration of migrants, community involvement and community and social work
- Assistance for the homeless
- Providers and foundations for youth welfare and the care of the elderly and people with disabilities
- Case and care management organisations
- Accommodation projects for the assistance and care of young people, the elderly and people with disabilities and the provision of psychiatric care
- Contact points for self-help groups
- Service points for the support of care
- Prevention agencies
- Providers of mobile, community-integrated and/or public youth work services
- Providers of other innovative projects
Sie haben einen Schul- oder vielleicht sogar Hochschulabschluss im Ausland erworben und möchten nun gerne bei uns ein komplettes Studium bis zum Bachelorabschluss absolvieren. Im Vollzeitstudium bieten wir keine 100% englischsprachigen Studiengänge an. Wenn Sie also gute Deutschkenntnisse haben und Ihr Abschluss anerkannt wird, können Sie unter denselben Voraussetzungen bei uns studieren, wie deutsche Schüler auch.
In addition to professors of the DHBW Villingen-Schwenningen, lecturers from other universities as well as specially qualified experts from companies and social institutions also provide content from their area of specialization to our students. This ensures that practice-relevant know-how will be taught.