Business Information Systems
The successful deployment of computer-supported information systems is of decisive importance in all aspects of enterprise and administration. Employees who can combine a well-grounded knowledge of business administration and computer science expertise are in great demand
Kerninhalte des Studiums
- Wirtschaftsinformatik (Systemanalyse, Pro-grammierung, Datenbanken und SQL, Geschäftsprozess-modellierung)
(u.a. Neue Geschäfts-modelle, Geschäfts-prozesse, Kosten- und Leistungsrechnung, Investition und Finan-zierung, Marketing)
- Neue Digitale Technologien (Internet der Dinge, Big Data, Robotik, Algorithmen und Künstliche Intelligenz, Digitale Transformation)
- Grundlegende Kompetenzen (u.a. Mathe, Statistik, Logik, Digital Thinking, Präsentation und Kommunikation, wissenschaftliches Arbeiten)
12Weeks of Theory
14Weeks of Practice
3Years of Studies
Bachelor of Science
Contents of the study programme in brief
Business information system specialists are the interface between innovative information system technologies and the business world.
The study programme imparts a sound knowledge of subordinate areas of business administration such as materials management, production/logistics, process management, organisation, marketing, accounting and controlling.
There is a focus on applied computer science with topics such as programming, system analysis, operating systems, database systems, computer networks, the internet and multimedia.
The following major subjects can be chosen
- Process Engineering & Digital Management
- Computer Science for Financial Services
- Administrative Information Systems
- IT Risk Management and Auditing
This three-year study programme culminates in 210 ECTS points and the academic degree Bachelor of Science.
Career following studies
Following completion of the course, graduates of the Business Information Systems study programme can pursue independent careers with responsibilities in the area of information processing or business management.
They are both creative process designers and process controllers at the interface between business and information technology. They design and realise infrastructures in information systems based on the latest technologies and apply these to operational issues.