Student applicants with a generous level of curiosity with regard to banking have already met a fundamental requirement of the dual study programme. An interest for business issues and analytical and communicative skills are important in the Banking study programme.
- Bankwirtschaft (u.a. Finanzmärkte, Anlage- und Kreditgeschäft, Digitalisierung, Bankmanagement)
- Wahlfächer (Private Banking, Corporate & Investment Banking, Prüfungswesen)
- BWL, VWL, Recht (u.a. Rechnungslegung, Unternehmensführung, Mikro- und Makroökonomie, Handelsrecht)
- Grundlegende Kompetenzen (Mathe, Statistik, Präsentation und Kommunikation, wissenschaftliches Arbeiten)
12Weeks of Theory
14Weeks of Practice
3Years of Studies
Bachelor of Arts
Contents of the study programme in brief
The special nature of business administration in banks is the focus of this career-integrated study programme. Economics and business administration are supplemented by tuition in law, mathematics and statistics.
Significant aspects include loans, securities and investments and the four specialisations
- Building Societies
- Corporate & Investment Banking
- Private Banking
- Auditing in Credit Institutions
Furthermore, students profit from Campus Evenings with notable speakers, our DH Banking Days, academic papers and participation in student competitions.
This three-year study programme culminates in 210 ECTS points and the academic degree Bachelor of Arts.
Career following studies
A future career lies open in consulting for private and corporate clients or assignments in internal banking business. Graduates are employed in both technical and staff departments. Specialisation opens up further options, particularly in controlling, marketing, the areas of human resources/personnel organisation and corporate client services, in private, corporate and investment banking and in different commercial departments. The "Auditing in Credit Institutions" specialisation readies graduates for assignments in internal auditing, auditing associations and auditing firms.