The StuV offers sporting activities for students at the DHBW VS. The university is a member of the German University Sports Federation.
Students can participate in sports on Mondays between 8.30 p.m. and 10.30 p.m. in the Alleenturnhalle and it is also a good opportunity to get to know other people. Find further information on the StuVs' Website www.stuv-vs.de
In addition to this, Villingen-Schwenningen offers numerous other options to become involved in sport. These include activities such as ice skating in the Eisstadion and swimming in "Solemar" in Bad Dürrheim, the indoor pools in Villingen or Schwenningen or "Aquasol" in Rottweil (see below for addresses). Or you can simply cycle or skate on a well-developed network of cycle lanes.
- Neckarbad VS-Schwenningen, Lupfenstrasse 40, tel. 07721 40504375
- Hallenbad VS-Villingen, Saarlandstrasse 50, tel. 07721 40504361
- Kneippbad VS-Villingen, Am Kneippbad 1, tel. 07721 40504366
As of 1 January 2013, DHBW VS students receive a concession in swimming pools in Villingen-Schwenningen if they produce their student ID - regardless of their age.
- Aquasol Rottweil, Bruggerstrasse 11, tel. 0741 27070
- Solemar Bad Dürrheim, Hubertstrasse 8, Tel. 07726 66292
- Minara Bad Dürrheim, Sportzentrum, tel. 07726 66625
- TuWass Leisure and Thermal Spa, Tuttlingen, Mühlenweg 1 - 5, tel. 07461 96655-0
Health and fitness centres
- Dynamis Fitnessstudio, VS-Schwenningen, Hohenkrähenstr. 2, tel. 07720 22611
- easy Fit Schwenningen, Stadtbezirk Schwenningen, Jägerstraße 7, tel. 07720 2049989
- easy Fit Villingen, VS-Villingen, Niederwiesenstr. 36, tel. 07721 9983017 and Im Friedengrund 8, tel. 07721 509276
- EASYFITNESS, VS-Schwenningen, Villingerstrasse 142 (tel. 07720 9680400)
- Fitness Studio VS, VS-Schwenningen, Harzerstrasse 29, tel. 07720 21080
- INJOY, VS-Villingen, Wilhelm-Binder-Strasse 15, tel. 07721 95190
- LadyVit Lounge, Staufenstr. 40 (Ecke Austr.), tel. 07720 9968866
- Sakarkaya Body Style, VS-Schwenningen, Salinenstr. 80, tel. 07720 993899
Clubs and associations
Villingen-Schwenningen is distinguished by a lively range of clubs. Over 300 clubs and associations offer a broad spectrum of activities that appeal to every taste.
- Singing and music
- Sport, art and culture
- Hiking and walking, customs and traditions
It’s worth taking a closer look at this extensive range of club and association activities!
- Associations which are interested in cooperating with DHBW students (i.e. they frequently have special offers for students).
- Overview with contacts (german)
- Clubs and associations in Villingen-Schwenningen (german)